Stress is no stranger in my life. I do homeschool a very, uh, active child on a very small budget. We all have stress though. Usually I can happily feed my stress pizza and put it to sleep. Really, my stress loves pizza. I can placate whatever crap is being thrown my way with cheesy goodness and go back to, hmmm ... doing nothing.
Today though, I have an unease gnawing at the pit of my stomach. It's a feeling of impending doom, like the world is about to implode. OK, maybe not the whole world, but my world. I don't usually get this feeling, and I don't remember ever getting it wrong, so it's rather worrisome. Ironic how unexplainable anxiety creates more anxiety, no?
Maybe it's just some sort of gastrointestinal distress taking it's sweet time manifesting fully. Awesome. It's very early in the day for me and I've already decided the world's going to implode or my ass is going to explode. I guess it's nice to have options and expectations for the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You know I've been having twinges of that feeling lately too. I haven't had that particular feeling in years. Do you suppose it could be a reaction to the winter? I'd like to think I just need some warmth and sunshine and everything will be back to hunky dory.
ReplyDeleteI hope that's it. This is actually the first winter in a very long time that I haven't spent at least a month battling 18th century diseases (pleurisy one year, dysentery the next and repeat), so it could just be that I'm subconsciously waiting for it to happen again. It's been ridiculously mild weather here for months, but it's still not what I consider warm and the sun still sets early. Come on, longer days!!
DeleteBad shit ALWAYS happens to me in Dec, as far back as I can remember, except for 2 years. Cars breaking or stolen, boyfriend falling off the roof and getting addicted to pain pills, various other atrocities. So on the 2 years nothing happened, I was like a crack head, all twitching and shaking, wondering when it would come.
ReplyDeleteDamn stress.
Why does shit always happen at the same time every year?? For the first couple years after my friend died, shit happened on that date. My daughter had emergency surgery, I got in an accident, blah, blah, blah. Then I just refused to leave the house on that day for awhile. Nothing horrible happened yesterday, maybe I'm just subconsciously waiting for it? I did go back to sleep for a few hours. That helped a bit.
Delete