Monday, February 20, 2012

Boiled Down

I could spend a lifetime retelling my lifetime. Many words could be used to utter meaning into grievances, passions and actions. I could simplify and save time by merely muttering the word "fool".

Trifectagain. Word of the week is "fool".

19 comments:

  1. You could. You did. Nicely succinct.

    http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2012/02/20/gambled-away/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Succinct. Damn it. That's the word I couldn't remember. Oh well, I won't miss the three minutes I spent writing much. ;). Thanks for the word you didn't know I needed! :))

      Delete
  2. Damnit. You are so kick ass, I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go check your Facebook, read the comment I just left about my cough/pee/no clean laundry issue, and rethink this sentence. :p

      Delete
  3. Compact writing, gives us something to unravel. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could write so cleanly! Beautifully done and powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really funny because when I read your stuff I wish I could make things sound so nice. :). Thanks.

      Delete
  5. I cooul spend a lifetime . . . .

    indeed

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much said in so few words. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed how unexpected fool was. It sounds like the piece is going to be positive when it starts off with 'I could spend a lifetime', but then the irony hits with "fool".
    http://jesterqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Fool just describes me so well. :)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for linking up to this week's challenge. Most of our writers use most of the words allotted to them during the week. I love that you kept it as short as a Trifextra, but still managed to use a story to frame the word. "I could spend a lifetime retelling my lifetime." That's really pretty. It'd be a great first line for a novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All I really had was "Hmm, that describes me too well.". ;)

      Delete
  9. very nice, just hit that 33 word threshold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had to stretch it to get that many. :))

      Delete
  10. "I could spend a lifetime telling my lifetime." Such a perfect line! Totally draws you in. Great choice of words!

    ReplyDelete