She sank to the ground, and began running the mulch through her fingers, hoping to feel some barely tangible particle of his soul that might have gotten trapped there as it left his body. The door to the place he called home opened, revealing a slightly familiar pair of quizzical eyes still rimmed in raw pain, and noticing her for the first time. "I'm sorry, but I loved him too," was all she could offer as an explanation.
It's Trifecta time again! This week, the rule was to tell a story in 3 sentences. The variety of responses to these challenges amazes me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Fuck. Yes.
ReplyDeleteAhahahahahaha!! I <3 you. :))
DeleteThis made me think of that movie "Man on the Moon" where the two sisters loved the same boy. Which is absolutely a compliment, because these 3 sentences conjured up a tale that an entire hour-plus movie had to work up to.
ReplyDeleteIf it's not Pulp Fiction or directed toward the under 10 crowd, I haven't seen it. ;). Thanks!
DeleteMade me think of a movie, too.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, it's based on reality. :/
Deleteso much pain in these sentences. and i agree on the implication of it being sisters, or people who knew each other who both desperately loved the same man. or a sister and a lover. it could go several directions!
ReplyDeleteIt could, apparently not in the direction I had in mind though. :D
ReplyDeleteIt won't let me reply to your reply, but this was awesome. I loved it, there was nothing else for me to say right then.
ReplyDeleteAlso how the hell do you have reply to comments?!!
:))). You didn't have to say anything else.
DeleteIf you go into settings, another menu will show up across the top, go to comments and on that menu there's a spot called "Comment Placement", just switch it to "Embedded Below Post". (I was bored and checked the blogger updates one night and found it.)
Oh. Snap.
ReplyDelete*SOB* I got the reply to show up BUT IT WON'T LET ME CLICK ON IT TO REPLY!! It puts the little hand, I click and nothing happens. On yours TOO!! Blogger hates me!!
ReplyDeleteI think maybe it does. :o Maybe if you log out and then back in, it'll work?
DeleteThat's so moving. Sorry that this is based on real life. It sounds agonising.
ReplyDeleteThanks. :). What doesn't kill you ... Blah, blah, blah.
DeleteI absolutely loved this one.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining up to this week's Trifextra. This is heartbreaking. I see it as a movie, too. I love your dialogue here. Really moving stuff. I hope you'll come back on Monday for the weekday challenge.
ReplyDeleteThanks! If I can come up with something for the weekly challenge I will. Last week all of my image story ideas were clichés. :)
DeleteI can only reply to comments on my phone. On my computer I can read them, and delete them but not reply to them. You know when I'm reading blogs on my phone? When I'm drunk watching a movie in bed. This is going to make for very interesting replies.
ReplyDelete