You can never tell what will push someone over the edge between "acceptable" and "I've had enough of this shit". Sometimes you just assume that if someone has put up with ridiculous stuff, just about anything will be OK. Sometimes life reminds you of that whole saying about assuming making an ass out of you and me.
David was able to overlook the fact that I didn't want to leave the bar with him the first night we spoke until I finished doing dishes, even though I didn't work there. He was able to overlook the fact that when we got to the hotel room that magically appeared for us, I forgot to remove my tampon before sex and screeched and screamed at the top of my lungs about how much it hurt. He didn't seem too put out by the fact that I was pissed off to learn the next morning that I had apparently offered to drive him somewhere and I kept muttering about how I hadn't wanted to sleep with anyone I just met ever again.
On the contrary, he was exceedingly polite and inviting. I often visited him at his mother's apartment, where he was staying for a month or so in between races. When I sucked his dick in the living room where a two foot pace would've enabled his mother or grandfather to see us, swallowed, choked, ran to the sink and then spit, sputtering "My Gawd! What the hell do you eat?? That tasted HORRIBLE!!! I've never tasted anything LIKE it!!" he actually seemed rather amused.
He more than tolerated a drunken night visiting his friends in a town five and a half hours away that resulted in me saying the wrong name when his friend asked if I even knew who I was there with. He started forgiving me rather quickly after he realized I had no memory of accusing him of taking advantage of me. He didn't even get too annoyed when his grandfather fell ill on Christmas Eve and instead of being alone in the apartment we had to go to the bar bathroom.
He was rather good natured about my little rant on New Year's Eve concerning sex in a car, especially in the fucking cold. He even laughed the next night when his friend's dog knocked open the door and started licking my tit and I freaked out.
The next night, however, was the last night. What the fuck else could I have done to this guy?
I tickled his butt in the bar.
OK, so it was repeatedly and in front of his friends and he asked me nicely to stop about ten times, but hey, who would've known he had limits?
******Ahhhh, I wrote this years ago for that other place I used to blog. Today, while chatting with one of the mothers at homeschool co-op, we realized that her husband's best friend is the guy in this piece. Awkward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Definitely awkward. I remember you pissing someone off for butt-tickling, but I think it's the first time I've heard the rest.
ReplyDeleteYeah, that was actually a sanitized version too. It was 100% on me, so, you know, not as fun to mention. ;)
DeleteIt's so fucked how small the world really is.
ReplyDeleteBet if I moved across the country this would happen with far less frequency. ;)
Delete