Saturday, January 28, 2012

33words (times two)

I've written two 33 word stories for Trifecta's Triextra over here. The rules were simple: Write a love story in exactly 33 words. Of course, I can't abide by 100% rule compliance, so I wrote two.

1--- The first time they met, oceans swelled and crashed, car tires squealed, jets flew, and bugs crawled, but the only thing she would ever notice near him was his heart calling her home.




2 -- He joked that the faces she made upon meeting him would make a story to amuse their kids. Their babies never drew breath, and their explorations left the fertile grounds scorched and barren.

14 comments:

  1. Megan, I like them both - the second made me tear up. :( The first - I love especially "his heart calling her home."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm much more likely to tear up over the first, but I know the 33,000 word version. ;)

      Delete
  2. Both excellent pieces, evoking such different emotions regarding love. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved them both, but 2 is my favorite. Such longing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely a matter of perspective. Or maybe I'm just fooling myself. That's a distinct possibility.

      Delete
  4. Two is the powerful one for me but thought both were outstanding! I like the torturedness of two. Happens a lot in reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reality has a way of sneaking in in many different ways. :)

      Delete
  5. These are both beautiful. I'm looking forward to more ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's a departure from my usual whining blog vomit, I hope I can keep going with it. :)

      Delete
  6. I love how they both show different qualities of love. It's not easy to capture the big emotions in just 33 words but these are very well done. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think sometimes big emotions are easier to swallow in small pieces.

      Delete
  7. The second evoked such a strong feeling in me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up this week. These were both really great responses. The second one took my breath away. So beautiful and painful. Please come back and join us for the weekday challenge.

    Oh, and if you want to submit more than one entry (which is great) please use separate links. It'll make it easier for us to keep straight on this end. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete