I assure you the title is not just dramatization. So, I have this three city weekend planned in two weeks. My two friends and I are going to follow a band we've known forever. Mostly the other two have known them. I knew two guys, but never well, and never followed the band. One of my friends is flying in from CA to do this.
Here's where it starts to get convoluted. I'll attempt to simplify.
The girl from CA and I have known each other since Jr. High School. We've been friends, but never especially close. When we started to become closer, I stole her date to our third friend's wedding. We've gotten over this.
I have a crush on one of the guys in the band. He apparently has a crush on the girl from CA, and they made out at the last shows we saw. I'm going to pretend that I don't think the fact that she realized I had a crush on him and mentioned her date that I stole (and still talk to occasionally) right before that had anything to do with her approaching him. So, that is going to be rather awkward for me, but I can deal. I have already tried to squash my crush, blah, blah, blah.
Well, the crush guy invited us three girls to crash at another girl's house about an hour away from the farthest city from home. Yeah, I can see that going over well. We're not accepting, thank god. What is going to end up happening I can't say, as we will be staying in a hotel within walking distance of the bar. I have a feeling that at least some of the guys in the band will end up staying with us, rather than driving in the wrong direction for an hour. That will create weirdness too, but we'll ignore that now.
While discussing the plans regarding sleeping situations, my friend mentioned that our friend in CA asked to have someone else added to the guest list for the first show that weekend.
Of course it's someone from high school who emailed me out of nowhere the other month. He's single and apparently liked my myspace profile picture with it's good angles and freshly cut/highlighted hair. The picture is probably six months old. I've gained weight since then and haven't had another hair cut. I stopped emailing him back, (cuz I suck like that. Seriously, I found an email from a different friend that I have been meaning to respond to and realized the date is about a year old. O0pps.) and apparently he started emailing this other girl. Why the hell she invited him to the show, I don't know. Dear God, I thought this incestuous dating bullshit was well behind me. Make it go away. Please.
Maybe I'll just stay home for the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hahaha, are you sure you're living your own life? I only ask because it really, really sounds like you're living some kind of demented Dawson's Creek episode.
ReplyDeleteHa! This is honestly the simplified version. Yes, this is my life. I may be convoluted, but I'm not delusional. My life is always like this and has been for years. Luckily I've never seen Dawson's Creek so I can't be too offended. :)
ReplyDeleteviagra free trial suppliers of viagra cheapest viagra in uk watermelon viagra generic viagra online effects of viagra on women alternative to viagra sublingual viagra viagra suppliers viagra suppliers in the uk viagra discount is there a female viagra free sample viagra viagra and cocaine
ReplyDelete