Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Really?

I had a stupid weekend. Yes, my weekend was mentally challenged. I swear. OK, maybe it was just me.

I went out Saturday night even though we had 70mph winds, no electricity and thunderstorms. For whatever reason, everything seemed off. Someone I've been infatuated with for a very long time gave me some bs, and it just didn't help. In fact, when I invited him to join us, he said that he'd like to come along to see the show, but he's read my blogs and didn't want to damper my good time. Nice. Thanks.

So, of course, he was on my mind. Then I saw a guy who looked a lot like him (only bald and shorter) in the bar. I wondered if it was his brother. Then I thought about him some more. *sigh*

I found out that someone who had specifically said he didn't have a girlfriend a few months ago actually has been living with his girlfriend for the past two years. Also nice.

While I was bored I started telling people that I had gone out in the area where we were so often that people still come up to me to this day. Well, either come up to me or run away. I could tell they didn't quite believe me.

My "friend" from college showed up to see me. He keeps telling me how he's obsessed with me and wants me to indulge his sexual fantasies. Um, yeah, sure. There's a whole lot of back story there on exactly why that's ridiculous. Just trust me on this one. While I was trying to avoid being rude to my "friend" while also not encouraging him, someone came up to me. It was my "friend's" ex-girlfriend's good friend, who recognized me from ten years ago. That whole situation was a little weird, but the guy I hadn't seen in ten years was always nice to me. (From what I remember anyway.)

After filling me in on how the people I knew back then are doing, we chatted for awhile. He thought it was pretty weird seeing me out and about and kept mentioning it. He also mentioned that he wasn't quite sure it was me a few times. When he was getting ready to leave, he asked for my phone number. I felt safe giving it to him, only partly because he's gay. He called the number immediately, and I stopped him before he left a message. I explained that I don't know the code to access voice mail because the phone was a gift. Of course since I was pretty drunk by this point, I gave him the whole story.

The number is a NYC number that was purchased by a guy from Norway when he was visiting NYC and sent to me by a girl in Reno. Ed looked at me and said, "So you have a NY number via Norway via Reno?" I agreed. Then he said, "You really are Megan, aren't you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment