Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Well . . .


There were two recipes I wanted to try that contained some semblance of actual food, rather than baked goods. I couldn't find all of the blender pieces to try one, and I couldn't find the most important ingredient for the other. The annoying part is that I had the ingredient in the closet at some point within reasonable memory. I think I tossed it because I said, "I'm never going to use this shit". Of course.

As of now, I haven't had any dairy or egg products. I can't say I've been eating especially healthy though. I started with some Runts Freckled Eggs (ironic, I know) and um, well, I had some pretzels and stone ground 7 grain crackers. I've also had some green tea, and I'm hoping it will work as an appetite suppressant like it's supposed to, so I don't go nuts and eat something (else) stupid. I've had nothing substantial to eat today, and it's really getting on my nerves.

I thought reading the cookbook and then gathering ingredients would be a better idea than blindly purchasing things, but apparently not when I have to wait until tonight to go to the grocery store. *sigh*

OK, well I made it through the day eating vegan. I also made it to the grocery store, but not the one that carries my lost ingredient. Oh well. At least now I have some fruit and olives and pumpkin seeds. Eating pretzels and candy really didn't make me too happy. Instead of losing weight, I'll gain it if I keep eating crap like that. Next time I go to the store, I swear I'll bring a list. I got all kinds of vinegars, broths, and little add ins, but, um, still nothing meal wise. I just might be clinically considered an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment