Friday, February 15, 2008

Rebecca

I've been wondering for awhile what form of karmic retribution my evil behavior towards Rebecca would bring. I finally figured it out.

Rebecca was a friend of my ex. She was 14 years older than me, and I was a bitch about that fact. I knew she had a crush on Chris, and he refused to admit it. Hell, our first Valentine's Day "together", she invited him on a ski trip, and he went. Needless to say, that didn't make my 22 year old heart any more inviting to her. Of course, she was more of the problem than he was. Duh.

When I did meet her, I was shocked by how old she looked. She always directed our outings, and she preferred bars with an older crowd. I'd constantly rub in the fact that I looked younger than her by exclaiming loudly, "I feel too young to be in here!!" and things of that nature. Endearing, I'm sure. She'd pretend she wasn't rolling her eyes at me in front of Chris, but the second he walked away from me, the claws would come out.

He insisted she wasn't doing it on purpose. I wonder if he had to insist to her that I wasn't pissing her off on purpose too. I know he bitched at me about some things I said.

In any case, Chris treated me with a profound lack of respect. I put up with it, I felt it was more important to have him around than it was to make him stop playing games. Not something I'd recommend doing. Chris' friends treated me with the same lack of respect. He highly respected his friends. Getting the picture that it wasn't a fun situation for any of us?

Now I find my secret little crush growing larger and larger. (Sadly, I also find it shared by my daughter.) Enter karmic retribution.

My crush lives with a girl who is not his "girlfriend". She's younger and puts up with his crap regarding this lack of respect. See where this is going? Yeah, so do I. But I'm going to choose to not be Rebecca and make my move as soon as this girl finally sees the light. I'm going to see the light first, and force my crush to evaporate before it hurts.

I guess it's a good thing Rebecca was such a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment