Sunday, December 25, 2011

[This was written, shit, five years ago, after seeing Patrick again for the first time in years. I waqs thinking about that night tonight. I just wish I had saved his comments. I could use a little hope and a bit of feeling alive these days.]

You, yes, you. I meant you, I mean you. I don't know why, I don't know what it is, but something about you drives me fucking wild. As you noticed, I can't keep my hands off you. I don't know why. I damn well remembered that I couldn't all those years ago, but, somehow I thought maybe this time it would be different. That I would have some self control. As you noticed, I was wrong.

I remember A LOT about you from then. I remember these things very fondly. I also remember them as unfinished. Very unfinished. Yes, I am still a little tipsy, not too bad, but a little. I can type easily. I can taste your beer and cigarettes, feel where your facial hair touched my chin. I want to remember more tastes, more smells, more everything. I can't believe I savored the taste of beer and cigarettes, if you really want to know. It's been many many years since I've tasted that.

It's been many years since I felt like someone wanted to run into bed with me, and stay there for a damn long time. To be honest, I was surprised I felt that at all. I thought all the years of being ignored would have taken their toll, made me feel less inclined, less desirable, less lots of things. A few more pounds, a few more years, nothing made a difference.

I think it bugs me because, as I mentioned many times tonight, I like to be in control of my emotions. I like to know my limits, and I may push them to the very edge, but I still have them. I don't feel any set of limits when you are next to me. I was glad that lady made us dance because I really wanted to touch you, to hold your body next to mine. I think you were glad too.

Anyone who can read about my bowel movements and say that I am eloquent about discussing my ass is alright with me. I hope my desire to be near you, touch you, hold you doesn't scare you. I don't like feeling clingy, and that's how I feel around you. Not clingy in the usual sense though. Clingy as in, I want to be alone with you. I just want the world to disappear. Well, everyone except you. I don't want to be scary.

We should go check out that bell tower sometime soon. No one will ever know. :) Who the hell am I kidding? I'd probably make so much noise you'd end up losing your job. But I can be damn sure it'd be worth it.

Thank you for making me feel this way. I missed feeling wanted. I missed wanting someone. What I really want to know is why you have such a power over me. And also why I feel the need to share with you that this power exists. Breaking another cardinal rule right there. Bad enough I lost self control, but I insist upon telling you I lost it. Well, again, at least you know I'm honest. Keep that in mind, please. I am honest, so what I say is the truth, whether you may want to believe it or not. And yes, I came home and blogged about it.

Next time I'd like to have a lot more to blog about.

5 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, anything I say won't make the pain and longing go away. You deserve better than what you have, Megan. I hope you're able to find the tools you need to increase your happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've felt this. Alive after feeling dead so long you don't even realize it.
    Heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I think I find the tools to get out of here, something happens to fuck it up.

    I just can't stop thinking "Patrick would never... " This time Pete picked up his 18 year old son on his way home from work Christmas morning. Generally, that wouldn't have been a problem EXCEPT he had neglected to mention he'd be doing so, and had failed to get him a single fucking thing, so the kid watched his little brother open gifts, while he had absolutely nothing. How horribly selfish is that? My parents gave me some cash, so I gave that to him, but still ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god I would cry, that is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know. I said nothing the whole day, with the exception of a few answers to Ian. It was ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete