Hormones apparently affect my dreams. Every month for about three days, I get incredibly vivid dreams. This month was no different.
The first night my dream involved me caring for an infant who was neglected by his mother. His father turned out to be an ex of mine. The next night I had a continuation of an old dream, wherein my grandfather came back to life-- four years after he died. I think this time he died again and we all mentioned how it had happened before. The third night's dreams left me in a funk for half the day.
First, I had a sex dream, which I haven't done in a damn long time. Normally I would consider this a good thing, but not this time. It was sex with an ex. In the dream I kept asking about his real life wife, and he kept ignoring me. The fact that in reality he dated his now-wife's sister when he dated me, then flirted incessantly with his now wife (if not more than flirting) makes thinking about that a little unpleasant. Being hormonal and thinking of that really doesn't help.
Then I had a drunk dream. That was hard to take. I was drinking with my friend who passed away and left him with a mutual friend to go in search of someone who had written a list of things to do over the weekend, and they all included or centered around me. I was sporadically making out with my friend and stumbling around, searching. I got lost in what was the college in my dream. I peed all over my dress. I ran into people who knew me, but I didn't have the foggiest clue as to who they were. I slurred requests for directions. It was like a typical night for me used to be, only enhanced, dream style. At least dreaming made the people more attractive and the hallways nicer.
Despite the higher attractiveness levels, that dream sucked me in to a degree that I found damn near impossible to shake. I got up, walked around and still found myself halfway immersed in the dream. When I finally almost shook it off, I got upset by the fact that I was having drunk dreams. Then I got upset about the fact that my friend was in my dreams. Then I mentally added together all four dreams and got even more upset.
I walked around with my head in a fog and in a general funk until 2PM. Seriously? Why in the world should I let shit like that hurt so much? Damn hormones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment